Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 11 April 2008

Is Sponsorship Worth It?

The cost of getting to the World Long Distance Triathlon Champs is not small! I was considering trying to get sponsorship. However, I am probably too old and take a look at what Tiger Woods had to do to keep his sponsors happy! Plastic surgery is just a step too far!! I suppose the Nike swoosh is almost a smile. In RAF Tri we use Saucony. Now their logo would produce a very wonky smile!

Training yesterday comprised a 30 min swim drill session and a reduced track run session at Hunts AC. I did the same session as last week, 10 x 200m with 200m jog recovery. I felt good after last week, so figured doing the same may make me feel good again! I felt strong as I did the session but held back and did constant 36 sec for each 200m. Today was an easy spin on the bike to the local coffee shop and back. I wasn't out that long but long enough to get wet and hailed on! The temperature dropped markedly too; this freaky weather is not good - the old joints like warm weather!

Unfortunately, most of my family are ill! JJ has a bad throat and feeling rotten and Julie is feeling nauseous; CJ has a cold! I have 2 days to stay illness free.............will I make it? Just a bit of suspense for Blog readers there! Pray for good weather on Sunday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course Sponsorship is worth it buddy!! I have sent around 50 emails to various places and so far only one company have actually sponsored me but its better than nothing! I have decided to follow suit and have built a blogspot too check mine out i need a pic of you for it too.
http://thehussler.blogspot.com/
Good Luck for Sunday!!!

Turbo Man said...

This is becoming a right little mutual appreciation society. Which is great if it stokes the mojo and keeps motivation high.

Kelda said...

Hi Jase I've found a sponsor too, just waiting to get the details but it should entail vastly reduced nutrition costs! Mrs Trek Bar!

Sags it is really expensive racing GB, have you looked at the kit prices yet ...