Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 17 April 2008

Recovery and Taper

I am currently willing my legs to recover from last Sunday! I was incapable of walking properly on Monday but the legs are gradually coming round. That said, I cannot run at all as yet! I have been swimming every day since Monday and that seems to help loosen them off. I went to watch the Inter-Services Duathlon yesterday. There were some great performances by the RAF guys and gals but we are way behind the Army in terms of strength in depth. Was going to get some pics for the Blog but my camera packed in 8-( Well done to all the RAF participants. It was a shame that Jamie Eliott broke his seat post as he leaped onto his bike! Jamie was running well too and he would have been a counter for the RAF for sure. These running bike mounts seem to cause gradual stress on seat posts, as Greg Mac suffered the same problem a couple of years ago.

Anyway, more recovery for me but I hope to be back to full on training next week. I am spinning on my bike today, which I am really looking forward to. As for tapering, I may stick to my normal easy few days before an event. The 3 week taper for the marathon didn't seem to give me any extra oomph! In fact, I felt a bit stale. More training less recovery!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your recovering ok bud, Yeh i reckon tapering is for girls haha i feel the same when i have done it only for a week for the Vit last year. Keep up the good training now and you will be way ahead of us all again this year (not including Dale of course!)
Train well!

Sags said...

These Blogs are turning into a ' see who can apply the most pressure opportunity'! You will be far faster than me dude!