Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 21 April 2008

Slow Recovery

Well, a week on and my legs are still very sore. Recovery seems to be slower than I anticipated. Thinking back to the race, it is hardly surprising as I have never 'dug' so deep in a race. The damage to the body must have been severe and I am starting to wonder if I will recover ok to race the rest of the season! I suppose caution is needed - no rushing back into training like a madman! That said, here is my training since Thursday:

Friday: Easy swim technique set. 50 min spin on the bike (including a recovery stop at Southill coffee shop)
Saturday: 3 miles walk jog - sore legs!
Sunday: 20 mins spin on the turbo followed by 20 mins walk jog - sore legs

Today I dropped the car off for its MOT and then cycled the remainder 28 miles to work. I had a tail wind, which made the ride very easy - good job as my legs are STILL SORE.....AAHHHH!!! Sorry, just a bit of frustration being vented 8-(

4 comments:

Unknown said...

a long run like that really does f your body up and if you push that hard the recovery has to be slow, thats why its not good to do a marathon for training early in your season as you lose too much training time on your recovery! anyway its done and i am sure you will take a lot away from the session? so recover well
ta for the comments on my site, the kit is good, cant wait to get on the bike!!!!
RB

Sags said...

I am thinking hard about the timing of the marathon. My taper was 3 weeks and the recovery will be at least the same. That is 6 weeks of lost training for the season. That said, with the main goal being end of July and end of August, I just have to accept that I may not be going very well in May and June but will be flying in July and August! .....cough.....hopefully!

Turbo Man said...

You're going to need your cycling legs by the weekend. I'm behind the drag curve on the endurance rides so will be looking for a 3 hour + effort this weekend. Gives you something to look forward to and focus on.

Don't worry, I won't be gentle.

Sags said...

Bring it on......HELP!