Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 4 April 2008

Count Down to FLM


Hey! Snow is forecast for the weekend! Check out the pic of how Canadian triathletes deal with snow!

Only 8 days to go until the FLM! getting excited! yesterday's training was very easy and I actually felt a bit more lively too. Did an easy 30 min spin on the turbo before work and then a reduced track session in the evening. I am the only one in the group doing the FLM - the others are track runners. Hence I am normally busting a gut to stay with them! Anyway, the session was 10 x 200m with 90sec recovery. Then 3 mins rest. Then 3 x 150m acceleration runs. Then 2 mins rest. Then 3 x 150m acceleration runs. Can't you just tell that they are pure track runners! I only did the 10 x 200m and my effort level out of a max of 10 was around 5 or 6. I was happy to be hitting between 34 - 35 sec for each rep though. Everyone else was totally whacked after the 200m reps, whilst I ended my session there and warmed down feeling as though I could have done so much more - now that is a a taper! This short stuff is great for turning the legs over but keeping the volume down.


.....and I never said that the cartoon pic below resembled Mick pullin!

2 comments:

Kelda said...

The first few days of taper are always horrible, then you begin to feel better, then you really believe you can run fast, and are ever so tempted to keep going out and trying ... DON'T, trust it will still be there on race morning ... you do not want to be doing your best running 8 days early!

What is your race number so we can keep an eye on your around the course?

Sags said...

My number is 0721. Do they have a live feed like IM events? I didn't think they did? Anyway, after your sub-30 min TT you will be content to sit back and watch the FLM on TV.