Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 April 2008

Fighting the Taper and Super Food!


Feeling slightly 'stale' at the moment. This taper stuff throws you out of routine and I seem to get the feeling that I have lost all the fitness that has been built up over the last few months. Training hard seems to give me confidence; however, training hard will not get the best out of me come the London Marathon on 13 April! With that in mind, I just trained once yesterday. After the 10 mile run on Monday I decided to just bike yesterday. Did 20 miles rolling terrain as 15 mins warm up then push the hills in the big ring - not flat out but a reasonable effort. The wind was very strong but I got the benefit in one direction with some serious aero bar action at 35mph+ for 4 miles continuous!

I did a 2.5k swim set this morning as 800m WU, 4 x 100m catch up on 2 min, 4 x 100m alternating single arm, 4 x 50m as 3 strokes single arm followed by 3 strokes full, 4 x 50m half catch up, 400m easy tech, WD. I felt like a non-swimmer! I have plenty of time to work on the swim - good job! Training buddy Jase 'baby face' Walkley is detatched at the moment. he did a 50min 3k swim TT and should be in good form come August for a decent swim leg in Holland. Don't think I could go close to 50min over 3k (either now or August!).

Today's second session is an easy bike (15 mile max) followed by some fast feet intervals on the treadmill............. The session didn't end up as planned! My theory for this taper is if I have a thought that I am doing too much, I need to drop something. So, I ran easy for 30 mins and did some core and stretching. I am running at Hunts AC on the track tomorrow so no need to do too much today. I biked yesterday too, so my thought was that another bike today may be junk training. The track session tomorrow will be reduced from the usual beasting! Didn't feel too great on the 30 mins easy today, which, I am told, is usual when tapering. To aid in my highly scientific preparation, I enclose a pic of the secret Hi-tech energy food of champions 8-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jaffa Cakes!!! The food of Gods, and a frothy coffee if i'm not mistaken! Keep up the health food, cos while your eating that your not training! just don't feel guilty?