Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 April 2008

Whacky Weather


Today I be mostly preparing my long bike ride nutrition stowage strategy.




Wow, the weather sure is whacky today; hope it warms up for race day next weekend! I always run better in the warm weather - it must be an age thing! In contrast to the weather today, yesterday I cycled in shorts for the first time that I can remember for ages! It was warm and sunny as I cycled to Biggleswade pool for an easy 1k straight swim and some distance per stroke drills. The easy ride back was equally enjoyable in the sunshine. That was another easy day ticked off. Today has been more easy stuff. I tried to time my short tempo run to coincide between hale showers......I failed and got wet and cold! I ran well though, completing 4 miles at an average 6:23 per mile pace feeling comfortable and barely warmed up. I will rest tomorrow and do my reduced long run on Monday. I will do a huge 5 miles! I find tapering harder than training long and hard! I feel as though I have lost fitness and the 20 mile runs seem way in the past - in reality, it is only a few weeks ago. Nevertheless, I do worry about hitting 'the wall'.......... turns out the wall worries about it too!

3 comments:

Turbo Man said...

That's good news mate. Keep it easy for another week and then you can start ramping everything up ready for the start of the tri season.

Turbo Man said...

Come on Sags, you're taking this taper far too seriously; you even appear to have given up blogging. Nothing since Saturday, what's going on?

Unknown said...

Sags has gone quiet?
i'm sure a 'turbo blog' would be an interesting read though?