Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 8 April 2008

Busy Days!

Ah, Turbo man has been missing my daily posts (see comments!). Yes, I know, I have missed a couple of days. I have just been mega busy and I am really trying to get 8 hours sleep every night! I am eating into my 8 hours for tonight now because of you T Man! Oh the pressure you put on me!!

Quick training recap:

Sunday: Strength and spin session on the turbo - felt very strong and if you want wattage T Man, pushing 400W + for 2 mins on hill simulations. Of course, I have no idea what that means as all these wattage measurements are worthless when compared across different turbo trainers - probably worth about 700W on T Man's easy life turbo trainer 8-)

Monday: 2k technique swim set. Felt rotten in the water again.....what's new! Later I did an easy 5 miles which felt ok.

I rested today.......Na! change that! Went to Legoland with the kids and walked all day; should I log that as a long endurance session? I thought about getting a pic of me for the Blog coming down the water slidy thing with the kids but 1) the pic cost £6! 2) I am too ugly!

Tomorrow I go to London to register for the marathon so probably another 'rest' day. I plan a track session on Thursday to turn the legs over. last week's track session felt good so I may repeat something similar. Apart from feeling like I have lost any resemblance of marathon fitness, I feel great! Bed calls.........you will pay for keeping me up T Man!!!

2 comments:

Turbo Man said...

400 watt turbo sessions when tapering for a marathon - ARE YOU MAD?

Seriously mate, you don't want to be doing that.

Rest you mad fool, rest.

(It is estimated that you need 280-290 watts to maintain 40kmh for an hour - so 400 watts is, well, a lot!).

Sags said...

It didn't feel that hard chap. But as I said, these turbo trainers are different and 400W on mine may mean nothing more than a reference point. Not ridden my bike since Sunday 8-(