Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 22 April 2008

Easy Does it!


After the emphasis on running since December, it is now time to get back to the bike. I have to make use of every opportunity to ride the bike; if that means whilst I visit Tesco, then so be it!
It is my wedding anniversary today - only 20 years of marriage 8-) I celebrated with Julie at Southill Tea Rooms for lunch; does it sound like I am always there?! Today I ran continuously for 3 miles; actually, it was a slow plod! My legs are still not good. I am riding back home from work today, so that should give me an idea of how the cycling legs are! The sun is shining and I have my race bike out of moth balls to test - looking forward to that! I am riding with Turbo Man at the weekend and he is sure to take advantage of my fatigued state and push the flats. I will report back on that ride! Must dash.....the legs could do with a shave if the shorts are coming out!

4 comments:

Turbo Man said...

I assume you won't be on the singlespeed this weekend then?

Sags said...

Na. I need the option to spin in my 25 sprocket!

Anonymous said...

25 sprocket!!!! you wont be needing that this year, ditch the big ones and start at a 21 haha
Sounds like your still hurting from the run... its putting me off doing IM... when i get home im planning to recce the Trentham bike route, any chances of paying Cosford a visit??

Sags said...

I am too weak to push a 21 sprocket now 8-( I am sure I could visit Cosford for a recce. However, when do you get back? Is there time?