Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 1 May 2008

Hard Bike Session!

Yesterday was a very hard session on the bike - my first real sustained effort session of the year! I did a 2-up 10 mile Time Trial with Mick - twice! Now Mick says that he is getting close to his racing weight; as you can see from the above pic of Mick (taken just prior to starting the first 10 mile run), he can't afford to lose much more weight! No wonder he is riding well!

I cycled to the race start - a nice and easy 10 miles. We went off first, as we were going to finish the first 10 mile TT and then join the queue and go again (we are hard!). It was great fun and the effort when tucked in behind Mick was significantly reduced due to the drafting effect - even with Mick now super skinny! The course is an out and back loop. The wind on the return leg made it very tough indeed, as it was smack in our faces. We pretty much went full on for that first effort and I knew that we would be facing a world of pain on the second run! I was right; boy that second run was hard! The course is not fast and there are some real drags and fly-overs to negotiate (and 7 roundabouts to contend with!).

Results: 24:20 and 25:00 - not official! Not great times but everyone seemed to be slower yesterday due to the wind and cold. I had not finished and as I set off for the 10 miles home I set myself the target of averaging 20mph. I just dipped in at 29:54. The head wind and one severe climb just about killed me off and I am now officially pooped! I was impressed with Mick; his riding is far ahead of where he was this time last year. Nearly time to swim, so ttfn.

3 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Love the picture! I wish I was that skinny, still have a few pounds to go.

It was indeed a good session Mr S. Well off the RPE scale. Look forward to doing it again some time in the not too distant future.

Kelda said...

Great piccy, my daughter is now an avid reader too!

Sags said...

Ah, the more the merrier! I look forward to your daughter's progress in cycling, as she clearly has great potential. Must dash....Trek Bars to consume!