Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 8 May 2008

Age Catching Up with Me?

Here I am during my recent brick session! Gone is the power running of previous years - replaced now by a shuffle and vigorous arm swinging 8-( I am coming to the end of a 3 week volume period of training and I am feeling tired. Having never ending illness in the family doesn't help as sleep is continually disturbed. It's amazing that I have not been ill, as everyone else has in the family!

It can't be all bad though! I completed my 10 mile run yesterday - including 5 x 1 mile increase in pace (won't call them efforts because they were too slow!). I had an easy 25 mile spin on the bike planned for today and a swim drill set. The drill set was reduced to 30 mins because the pool was closed. Mark Hutch came with me for the bike ride and he was feeling quite perky. He was a different person to the guy who did the brick session with me last week. I ended up going slightly faster than I wanted, averaging 18.2mph for the entire ride. It was quite windy today and the legs just weren't working well. Let's hope that they improve for the sportif on Sunday. I plan to swim tomorrow morning and do a tempo brick session later in the day - same as last week but with an extra brick added! However, if I am feeling fatigued, I may adjust the session accordingly!

Goodbye from Blog land! Did you know that the term 'blog' comes from the term Web Log? Remarkable!