Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 27 May 2008

A Big Volume Day

After a rest day on Sunday and just a 5 mile fartleck run on Monday, I was ready for a big day's training. Today was:

Bike easy to work 30 miles - av 16mph
Swim at lunch 30 x 100m on 2 mins
Bike home with efforts 30 miles - av 19.6mph

Was on the single speed so it was really a case of keeping a tempo pace all the way and blitzing the hills as hard as I could. Pretty tired from the ride back now. Swim went ok but I am slow......even slower than Daz Sharpe, I am sure!

An easy spin into work tomorrow and a 10 -12 mile 30 sec decreasing interval run session tomorrow - I'll explain tomorrow if anyone is interested!

Catch you later friends.

5 comments:

Turbo Man said...

So nearly 4 hours biking and over an hour swimming, that is a hell of a day Mr S.

Let's hear no more "he's doing more than me" nonsense from you!

Daz Sharpe said...

Plan B - tell Sags i'm doing twice what I actually do and when he tries to keep up with the training load he will be too tired to race!

Turbo Man said...

That's a great idea Daz, if we all start doing that Sags will have nothing but stumps left come Almere!

Sags said...

Pesky Bloggers!!

Kelda said...

Don't listen to 'em Sags. After Vancouver, just off today, my coach says my programme is going to change 'radically' mmm not sure I like the sounds of that but I think you can safely assume it's going to mean lots more hours! We are all going to be in awesome shape by August! I ran easy 10 miles yesterday afternoon and am feel good :-)