Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 2 May 2008

Brick Session

My first brick session of the season completed today. I didn't go 'full bore' as I still don't know how my legs have recovered from the FLM. I managed to drag a wannabe triathlete, Mark, out with me as well!

The session was 3 miles tempo on the bike and then straight into 1k run. Aim was to maintain bike effort and increase the run speed on each rep.

Results: Run 1 - 3:54. Run 2 - 3:45. Run 3 - 3:25 (ok, I went a bit fast!). Run 4 - 3:16. I am quite pleased with this as I felt quite perky on the run! True, the bike was not full on, but happy enough to finish reasonably fresh. Mark canned the session after the third rep due to nausea - but well done for even attempting what is quite a hard session. Next time it will be 5 build bricks but I will have to maintain a smaller increase in run speed or I will hit terminal velocity! Also did a relaxing 40 min swim session earlier today. The Bank Holiday training will be based around a long bike with stick man Pullin and maybe a venture into double figure mileage for an easy run...............but before Mick pipes up with "Where is your rest?!" Monday is a day off. Train smart peeps.................just like me!......yeh right!

1 comment:

Turbo Man said...

Hey Bud I see they've recorded our 2-up TT time as 25:25 on the St Ives website - I reckon they've got their maths wrong as that is exactly one minute slower than my watch recorded.

Nice running by the way. Way too quick for me.