Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 4 May 2008

Secret Training Method - Bounce Training!

The secret is out! Here I am with my new coach - CJ. I rode 63 miles this morning with Mick; however, that training was just a red herring. The real training took place when I got home. Bounce training is about to take off as the best triathlon training method available. Notice the technique required: a stupid look on the face and flapping the arms as if attempting to fly. My coach gave me a fine demonstration and here she is showing a much better flapping action than me - note that I have a dropped elbow, which is a common mistake in both swimming and bouncing.

For those that are not yet aware, Turbo Man (Mick Pullin) now has his own blog! Nice one T Man. No doubt there will soon be links from the RAF Tri Website to all these blogs. The big Cycle Sportif on 11 May is nearly here - 82 miles of hilly riding in bunches of 'real' cyclists! I have to remove my tri-bars for the ride.......oh how will I cope! The plan is to ride very slowly for the first 50 miles and enjoy the countryside. The quandary is, when setting off with 20 other riders, does one go with the bunch and attempt to draft for an easy ride, or should one back off so as not to go too fast to early........mmmmmmm, I feel a poll coming on! Enjoy the Bank Hol folks.

4 comments:

Turbo Man said...

So that was why you were holding back this morning. Just beware the risk of injuries from "bounce" training, you have a lot further to fall than CJ! And, of course, you lack bouncebackability at your age!

Kelda said...

If it's a sportive I'm told you have to be careful which 'bunch' you choose as they might be the ones planning coffee stops which leaves you high and dry if you don't want to stop! What's this about no tri bars ... is that a general rule? I'm doing the Etape Caledonian a week later and was planning on riding my race bike (bar end shifts) ... mmm ... hope that's legal.

Turbo Man said...

Kelda

I think it depends on the organisers; may need to check with them. Certainly riding on your tribars in a bunch is likely to incur the wrath of the cyclists.

I, too, will be tribar free next weekend.

Sags said...

Ditch the tri bard Kelda. Even if the organisor says it is ok, other cyclists will give you grief! That said, if you beat them all you would have the last laugh!!