Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 29 May 2008

EZ Ride and Roast Dinners

I always know when I am fatigued because I start to dream of roast dinners whilst I ride my bike! Today I did a swim technique session in the morning and an EZ 25 miles on the bike. After about 10 miles on the bike I started hallucinating about roast dinners! I was in recovery ride mode and going very slowly but I still felt weak - there is never a roast dinner available when you need one! I had to make do with some rice pudding when I got back to work
With hard sessions on Tues and Wed, coupled with lack of sleep, I suppose I need to take it easy. Hence tomorrow will be another easy day, as will Saturday. I have a 25 mile TT on Sunday and I want to give that a good blast, so no need to be tired on the start line! This will be my first 25 mile TT outside of a triathlon bike leg and I am a bit wary of it - mixing with all those 'real' cyclists is scary! The worst thing is the start time. There are 150 entries and I am off at number 3 at 0633! Not sure if my legs will be awake by then! I would love to break the hour for the TT but I don't think I am capable of that; not that I won't try!

6 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Good luck on Sunday buddy; where is the route? I might come down and cheer you on, but then again I might still be in my nice and toasty bed! :-)

Daz Sharpe said...

good luck breaking the hour mate, should be on for it if weather is good with the disk and that go fast front wheel.

Kelda said...

Yep, good luck, just watch out when you catch up 6:32; you don't get extra points for aerials at TTs LOL!

Sags said...

The route is all A1 - hence the early start. Tempsford, turn around Sandy roundabout, North through Black cat roundabout to Buckden roundabout, then retrace steps South to Tempsford. Sounds a long way to me! I will keep my eye out for my minute man but he is 50+ and probably super fast! Can't afford anymore spills. Anyone know of any farmers in my area who can drive up and down the A1 in their tractor at about 26mph?

Turbo Man said...

A long way? I guess it will be about 40km!

I might get up early and run to the Buckden roundabout to cheer you on; I will expect you no later than 7:02! Take it easy on that roundabout if it's wet; it WILL be slippery and the surface isn't that good.

If it's raining you'll be on your own!

Sags said...

I start at 0633 and the turn at Buckden is the 15 mile point as we start North of Sandy before doubling back up to Black Cat and Buckden. Therefore, don't expect me at 0702!