Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 28 May 2008

Respect


Did 45 mins swim technique this morning as I was tired from yesterday. The thunder storm last night had my youngest, CJ, keeping me awake far too much! Did a good run session today too:
Warm up 10 mins
20 mins tempo
10 mins EZ running
20 mins tempo
EZ running to fonish.
Clocked up 10.8 miles in the process and the 20 mins were quite hard. By 'tempo' I mean fast enough so that it is hard but you can mutter short sentences! Apparently this type of session is key to being a good distance runner - well that is what the gumph I received from the London marathon people said. I did the session with Mark Hutch here at Henlow. He has been training well for 4 weeks now. Today he felt bad and so nearly stacked the session after one loop of the course. However, he hung in there and finished - respect dude. Legs pretty tired now after 2 reasonably hard days. I will have a recovery day tomorrow - but not too much as i have to keep up with Daz 'fast man' Sharpe. Daz is trying to use some kind of mental torture to wear me down ..............................it's probably working!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

10 miles in 60 mins!!!!
just training!!
and 10 mins of that warm up!!!
you need to work harder?

seriously mate, sounds like your ticking along quite nicely!

Sags said...

Dude, sorry to mislead you! 10 mins warm up, 20 mins tempo, 10 mins ez, 20 mins tempo, 10 mins warm down. That is 70 mins total. Feel tired today too. How you doing after the IM? Bet you hurt all over!

Kelda said...

glad you queried that Roy I was feeling VERY inadequate!