Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 June 2008

8 Seconds Would be Nice!

Well, it stayed dry for the 25 mile Time Trial this morning. I had to be up at 0430 for a 0633 start - just like triathlon really! I finished in 1:00:07. 8 sec faster and I would have preferred 59:59! Nevertheless, I am happy as I have not done any really max effort work on the bike this season - that starts this week. I felt strong and could maintain a good pace; I just couldn't up the pace for more speed. I got to the roundabout at 15 miles and in the distance I could see a crazy guy leaping about the A1! As I got closer I could see that it was non other than Turbo Man offering great support - thanks dude. He was on a big run and stopped by to view the suffering of us cyclists!

I finished the session off with 6 x 1k running with 90 secs recovery. Maintained 3:30 pace for the runs so happy enough with that. Quite a hard morning!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

TOUGH LUCK ON BREAKING THE HOUR!! GOOD SESSION THOUGH AND FINISH WITH SOME RUNNING!! I BET ALL THOSE IN FRONT OF YOU DID NOT FINISH WITH 6 X 1KM EFFORTS????

Turbo Man said...

Glad to be there buddy and tough luck on not beating the hour. If it's any consolation you were looking great when I saw you, covered in sweat and snot like a good TT-er should!

Perhaps I should have jumped about even more to inspire another 8 seconds worth of effort out of you.

Hutch may be able to ride a bike but there's no way he could do those run efforts afterwards. That said, he could probably walk 6km in the time between him crossing the finish line and mere mortals like you or I crossing it!

Sags said...

Hutch did 47:53!!!! He is in the form of his life!! Makes me feel really slow!

Sorry about the snot etc!!

Kelda said...

Good riding, and running after, that's hardcore! Don't forget Almere isn't about flat out speed though!

47:53 good grief, who is this Hutch person? Rebecca will be well impressed ... she's going well, now officially the family's fastest 10 m TT er :-( hey ho, at least she isn't interested in Tri!

Turbo Man said...

Michael Hutchinson - the same guy that did something ridiculous like 18:07 to win the National 10 a couple of weeks ago.

I would thoroughly recommend his book about trying to break the hour record - very, very funny.

Kelda said...

That sounds like good post gcse reading matter!