Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. ๐Ÿค• 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 28 August 2023

Super Shoes - Saving the Legs

 I’ve mentioned the subject of the running shoe development over the last 5 years. The carbon plated ‘super shoes’ are a joy to run in for me. This year in particular, has been a revelation, mainly because I’ve stayed healthy. But I really have noticed that my legs are not totally wrecked after hard runs and races. 

I’ve fallen j on to using the 3 Nike models for training and racing: Tempo Next% for training fast sessions and track, Vaporflys for fast intervals and training races and the Alphaflys for pure racing. These shoes are nit cheap but just managed to bag a mega deal for a new pair of Alphafly:

Happy days and I look forward to trying these out. 

As for training this weekend the Parkrun session was tough but managed a low tempo Zwift session ok on Sunday. Today I wanted to have an easy day but also turn the legs over. So I unwrapped the treadmill and did some fast feet work. I enjoyed this different type of session and hopefully not too much fatigue building to enable me to bag a quality track session on Wednesday 



No comments: