Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. πŸ€• 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 18 August 2023

Open 25 Mile TT on Sunday 🚴

 It’s Friday and it’s been a strange kind of week regarding training and race focus. I completed the Sunday key session of high intensity bike followed by some tempo/ threshold sets running off the bike. But the weather turned and I decided to complete the bike set on Zwift. Not ideal as I wanted the TT bike road feel in the real world. As it was, I just didn’t feel great on the bike. My back had continued to irritate me after pulling it last Wednesday. Plus I just felt fatigued. But I ran an ok pace for 3 x 8 min around 3:58 per k pace but later in the day I was totally wiped. So this week has been a focus on recovering. I managed a leg spin up Zwift session with short 30 sec high intervals and longer recovery. Hopefully this will keep the legs tuned in. 

Ii was pleased to get out on the road to test out the TT bike on Wednesday too. I didn’t feel to bad but the focus was feeling good at speed on the road. I also tried out the TT overshoes for a marginal gain


So the weather looks ok for Sunday morning and I’m looking forward to a TT blast. No idea how I’ll go time-wise but really want to be sub-59 min.  The plan is to run off the bike with a progression run or 3 tempo/threshold efforts again. 

Then it’s just a few weeks until the KMF Newcastle 10k and the Darly Moor Aprint Duathlon. 

Laters

No comments: