Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 26 August 2023

Key Run Session

 Today I completed my planned key run session that was integrated into The Wammy Parkrun. The session consisted of: Warm up and drills, 5k Parkrun as over 5k race effort/under 5k race effort, alternating 1k reps. Then finish with a 3k tempo run home. 

I wasn’t feeling fresh, following a busy work week and broken training routine. But I wanted a key session in the bag, if only to feel better mentally. The 5k over/under set went well I think. 


I would have liked the over reps to be closer to 3:30 pace but not to be today. I got held up as we approached the dead turn too. But the differential between effort levels worked out ok seeing as I did this on feel without clock watching. Plus I felt strong on the last 1k and recovered quickly to start the tempo 3k. 


This tempo effort felt ok and smooth. The New Balance Fuelcell Elite trainers felt good; maybe not as snappy as the Nike Alphafly or Vaporfly but a fun shoe to run in that doesn’t mash the legs up. 

The plan is for a L2 endurance ride tomorrow on Zwift as the weather looks pants again. I’d like to get a track session in on Wednesday too. 

Laters

No comments: