Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. πŸ€• 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 24 August 2023

Next Events

 So with the TT done and a decent run off the bike last Sunday I’ve had a strange week so far (Thursday today). I’ve been on the road a bit with work and this has meant limited training. However, I’ve felt pretty fatigued all week and what training I have done hasn’t felt great. I’m trying to plan the next few events and how to train up to the final race I have booked, which is the Knutsford 10k on 1 October 23. This is meant to be a fast course. It’s also a British Masters Age Group Qualifier. I’ve only gone and registered my interest 😱. My 37:31 clocking this year easily meets the time standard. All I need to do is finish top 3 in my age group. Trouble is, I’m in the top end of my age group 55-59. In fact I’m 59 next week. When I checked out others in my category I was seeing times clocked around 35-36 mins🀯. So if I bag too 3 it’ll be a miracle. 

Right, so what events are lined up:

Newcastle 10k.  10 Sep 23

Darley Moor Duathlon.  17 Sep 23

Knutsford 10k. 1 Oct 23

I guess there’s not much I can do apart from sharpen up as all these events are not far away. Mindful of feeling tired, I’m not aiming to go crazy this weekend.  So a full blown Parkrun effort isn’t a good idea. If I perform badly I’d feel down. So the plan this Saturday is:

Warm up run to Parkrun.

Drills

Parkrun as over/under 1k efforts aiming for 3:30, 4:00.  Tough ask but let’s see

Tempo run home


Report to follow!




No comments: