Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 August 2023

Into August 🚴🏃‍♂️

 

A week on from the 5k blast and I’ve recovered quite well . Panic bike training for the 25 mile TT planned for 20 August commenced. I deceived to dust h the Manchester Airport Duathlon based on cost. Plus the fact that a local TT on the A50 was a big temptation. There are not that many events on the A50 now and I rode this course back in 2014 as Outlaw prep. I remember riding 20 miles to the event, clocking 56:30 for the 25 miles, then riding back the 20 miles. Got to love Ironman distance training. 

I won’t be as quick this time, that’s for sure! In fact I’m worried that I won’t break the hour. But I need to remain focused on the fact that I am Duathlon training. It will be a joy to ride the Canyon Speedmax in anger! 

The balance of training run and bike often messes with my head. After some good run sessions I fear the bike fitness reduces. So after a few good bike focused sessions I fear I’ve compromised my running. And so it goes on!

This week has been a good balance though - I think! I’ve completed some intensity in Zwift bike workouts by choosing short high power repeated efforts like 15 sec on, 15 sec off. 


I’ve maintaining my touching on speed methodology for running. Easy days are strides and steady runs are extended strides and drills. I missed track this week due to work. So I used a stretch of the Wammy to complete 2 x (5 x 400) with 90 seconds RI between reps. The aim was to run faster than 5k pace and I certainly did that. I maintained 3:20 pace which is around 1:20 for each 400m rep. This is good for me though I want it to flow more at this pace. It was forced a bit but then to condition the legs to run faster I guess you need to push - but relax too!


Into August, then. 

No comments: