Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Turnover

I am well and truly into tick over mode now. It has been hard to move the focus from time trialing bike training to swimming and run training. I am really getting into this run cadence thing now and I am eager to test it out in the Honington 10k tomorrow. I won’t be racing flat out as I want to keep the Achilles healthy but I will be shooting for consistent 90 foot strikes per minute at around 6:40 miling. I may even get really high tech and wear a heart rate monitor! Looking forward to catching up with some tri buddies too.

I am swimming regularly now too and it doesn’t feel too bad – just slow! I am focusing on bilateral breathing at the moment and not too worried about speed. I have always been able to bilateral breath but I feel that I need more oxygen after 100m. Today I set my timer at 40 sec and did continuous 25m bilateral on 40 sec for 30 mins. This was nice and relaxed. I will aim to gradually bring the recovery times down over the next few months until bilateral breathing can be maintained.

No comments: