Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 1 October 2009

Even Paced Running


A lot to be said for even paced running: It makes your running enjoyable (especially when racing), you have a target time, you feel fresh for the first half of the race and you feel as though you are getting faster because you pass all the people who have started too fast!

This is what I did at the Honington 10k yesterday. Armed with my Garmin to keep my pace in check, I started off steady. I passed the first mile in 6:04, feeling very fresh. Mindful of my achilles, I decided that I would not attempt to up the pace; I would aim to run continually at 6:04 pace. That is what I did and finished in 37:49. Very pleased with that considering my lack of run training and absolutely zilch hard running since 19 April! My achilles felt good and feels good today also. I am a happy bunny. The legs did begin to tire at 8k (to be expected I suppose) but I felt controlled and could have whipped up a storm over the last 2k - glad I didn't!

I also concentrated on my cadence and maintained between 87 - 90 single foot strikes all the way. The faster cadence is already beginning to feel more natural and I have great expectations for next year now!! By great, I mean that I actually hope to compete in a triathlon in 2010!

Other news: I have been foolish. . . very foolish 8-( Gone and committed to the Tour of the Peaks Cycle Sportif with Jase Walkley. The ride is in 3 weeks time and consists of 96 hilly miles. The furthest that I have ridden since April time is 42 - flat miles! Check out the profile of the route:



It's either up or down! Not much flat! And that very steep looking peak at 80 miles looks very threatening to me! I am scared. . . very scared!! I like time trials on flat dual carriageways!! Just hope it doesn't rain.

Off to cram in some bike miles. . .

1 comment:

Daz Sharpe said...

Welcome back mate