Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 September 2009

End of Season Feeling

I have that ‘end of season’ feeling. I am still contemplating racing at the Oulton Park Duathlon on 4 October but, to be honest, I am considering binning this race. I just don’t want to risk the Achilles breaking down again. I know that I will race as hard as I can but the effort may well put me back months. I will make a final decision next week.

I was meant to be racing my final 25 mile TT this Sunday but my entry has been rejected due St Ives not being in some association. I don’t know how it all works so I will have to just end my TT season there. The 10 mile TT last Sunday didn’t go too well. It was on the course that I rode 21:25 earlier in the year and I was hopeful of another sub-22 min clocking. I rode 22:38 and was not too chuffed. However, upon chatting to other riders, it seems that everyone was slow. This was strange as the weather was not that bad. Oh well, I have to be happy with the TTs that I have done this year and hope that I can reproduce the bike speed in a triathlon next year!

The running is still going well some days and not so well other days, due to my Achilles problem. My hope is that the bad days get fewer as time goes by. As for swimming, I ventured into the pool the other day and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. A winter of swimming should see me ok for next year – though I will never be speedy in the H2O!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sags, bin the duathlon, take a break and start to prepare for next season. you know you will run too hard and break again if you do it!
i found that swimming with fins helped a sore achilles??
are you going to the logs conf at Brampton on 25th? i am now.
ATB

Sags said...

Pretty much made the decision not to do the Duathlon now. Things are coming on with the running but a full blown duathlon is dodgy ground! Not going to the Conference mate - too far to travel.