Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 8 September 2009

Various!

Plenty going on lately so I am reverting to bullet point blog style, which is sort of a random brain dump!

Personal
My eldest daughter started boarding school at Stamford on Sunday. It feels like she has left home at the age of 11! I think it is harder for us parents and her younger sister, as JJ herself just seems very excited and happy! Don’t get me wrong, we are happy for her but we also miss her.

Injury
The Achilles is getting better – slowly! I seem to have good days and bad days but overall I am getting some running in and have fallen into a routine of running every 2 days. This is good as it may just allow me to maintain my bike speed. I will be doing the rehab for as long as I compete though – which is for the rest of my life!

Racing
Saturday was a bad day for me. It was the day of the Vitruvian Triathlon. This is a favourite race of mine and there were plenty of RAF triathletes competing. As I couldn’t race myself due to my Achilles, I had sold my place to Westy but I felt low all day, wishing that I was racing. There were some awesome performances from our guys and we won the Inter-Services competition quite easily. Andy Fisher was amazing and seems to have found the long distance stuff to his liking! Again, Daz raced well and it is great to see him perform to potential and not be hampered by health problems. Jase Walkley knocked huge chunks off his best Vit time, despite being docked 2 mins by the draft busters! What’s going on there? Jase would never draft! You bad boy! Also, the Frank Whittle transition from social triathlete to racing competitor continues; he went sub-5 hours, which definitely puts him into the fast man status – no pressure dude! I could go on for ages mentioning names – there were that many RAF dudes – but I won’t. . . Apart from Pete Norris! He was second RAF man home and seems to slip under the radar froom most people because he is at Akrotiri. He was close to 4:20 and he is relatively new to triathlon. Can’t wait until he gets back to blighty and rips up the domestic scene!

As for my racing, I have 2 time trials left, a 10 miler on Sunday morning and a 25 miler the week after.

Swimming
Went swimming for the first time in 3 months. Not too bad considering!

Bike Bling
Putting some new decals on my disc and deep rim wheel.

Age
I am now closer to 50 than 40. . . How scary is that!

Brit TT Champs
I see Wiggo put Hutch in his place to win the National TT champs by some margin. I really thought that Hutch would be close. I guess that shows just how good Wiggo really is. Big up to the skinny Twiggo and power to all skinny dudes!

3 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

Best of luck to JJ at the new school mate. Glad to see the injury is healing. Be good to see you back in tri world next year mate. Dont forget the photos of the new decals on the wheels.

Turbo Man said...

Lots going on Chez Sags it would seem. Good luck with the boarding school; it is just as hard if not harder for parents (IMHO!).

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

I don't think I can be classed as fast guy just yet, a fair bit of improvement is needed to be even considered a slow-fast guy!