Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 17 September 2009

It's Started!


Yup. It's started. I reckon my bike speed has started to wane, due to my return to running. I finally got the results from the TT last Sunday. I finished in 22nd place. Not horrendous out of 90 odd cyclists but the significant aspect is that the results show that I was surrounded by cyclists that I have been putting between 30 sec and a minute into over 10 miles. Oh well, not that it matters at this time of year, but I need to prepare myself for the 2010 season - I ain't going to bike as quick if I continue to run.

I have already decided that I will be running throughout the winter and aiming for some specific triathlon goals in 2010. So, for the overall good of the entire triathlon, I need to remove some bike focus from my training. This will be difficult for me! We all know that we should work our weaknesses in the off season; in reality, most of us work what we enjoy the most!

Running has been going well this week and I have nearly clocked 20 miles! That includes a mammoth 8.2 mile run. Nothing fast but the achilles has been slightly less noticeable.

As I lose my bike focus, it is interesting to note that I continue to ride my bike every day. . .

5 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Little and often with the running young Sags, not too fast/long too soon. Train smart!

Turbo Man said...

I really need to find a 'shaking head' emoticon.

Well it's not as if we didn't expect you to lose the bike speed as you started running, but I am surprised at how quickly its happened. Or you just weren't trying hard enough and you need some HTFU pills! :-)

Take it easy with the running; you don't want to waste another season.

Sags said...

I suppose it may be a bit of a leap to say that the running has affected my cycling already. Suppose it don't really matter! We do what we need to and just see how the races turn out.

We should do some sportifs together next year T Man. Then I can hang on to your wheel for as long as possible before waving goodbye as you effortlessly glide into the distance!

Unknown said...

good to see you back, Sags the Triathlete

Turbo Man said...

It would be great to do some sportives with you next year buddy, I'm planning to do quite a few but don't know which ones yet. I would like to do some of the tougher ones to really test myself as well as re-doing the ones I made a Pig's Ear of this year.