Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 31 July 2009

Running Man?

Following completion of 4 weeks of rehab for my Achilles, I am now supposed to commence running – EEEK! The plan is to start very gently and stick to running on soft surfaces. However, the important part is that I meant to run with a changed technique?! I have never been into the running technique debate. I just put one foot in front of another and run. So to consider changing what I have been doing for the past 45 years feels rather daunting. So much so, I am wondering if it is worth it at all. Why not just stick with biking? With no triathlon racing on the horizon, my swimming has already tailed of to zilch. To start running now just feels like an activity to tire me out and take away bike energy! We’ll have to see how things develop!

The club evening TT got rained off last Wed so I teamed up with John Batch’ and we did a wet and windy 10 mile 2-up TT. It was around 24:30 and a painful ride. I used my training bike and just concentrated on a good work out. On Sunday I ride a 25 mile TT on the F1 course (up and down the A1). I don’t particularly like this course but at least it fits in with home life by starting at 0645. Paul Fullalove and Hamish, both RAF cyclists/triathletes here at Wyton, are also racing – their first 25 mile TT, I believe? Let’s hope that the weather is kind to us!

1 comment:

Daz Sharpe said...

Come back to us Sags, you know you want to! None of this talk about becoming a permanent tester please.