Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 8 July 2009

TDF Time

The TDF has begun! Already the race has taken on a fascinating twist, with the returning Lance Armstrong missing taking the Yellow Jersey by 0.22 of a second! Importantly, Lance is 19 sec ahead of Contador – the so called ‘leader of the Astana team. But let’s not get carried away here. The big mountain stages will sort the GC out and I can’t see Lance matching Contador when the gradient goes up up and away. Personally, I would like to see Lance recapture his climbing prowess of past years and sock it to the other climbers! The interesting thing is, though, with Contador in the same team as Lance, I doubt that Contador will attack in the mountains. Therefore, it is up to a rider from another team to take the fight to Astana. If lance and Contador can match whatever is thrown at them, then, in theory, the 19 sec difference could remain. I know! The likelihood of that happening is slim at best! Let’s see what happens!

I am fascinated by the positions of some of the pro riders. Look at Cadel Evans above! His knees pop inside his arms. Obviously this position works for him. This goes to show that we are all different and the ideal TT position for all does not exist! The other day a guy expressed his concern at my position on my TT bike. This guy rides 1:10 at best for a 25 TT. . . Need I say more?

I am set to ride the club 10 TT tonight and hope to crack 23:30 on this course, if the conditions are good! My Specialized TT bike is still awaiting the converted disc wheel. Until I get the wheels I want sorted, I am not racing the new machine. So, it is back onto the Caygill. I have a frayed gear cable on the Caygill so I hope that holds for tonight.

I also have an Open 10 mile TT booked for early Sat morning. It is on the F2b/10 course on the A1 between Sandy and Biggleswade. Not sure how fast the course is, but surely it has to be faster than the club 10 course!
I am progressing with my Achilles rehab nicely. Today, for the first time in a long time, I awoke without tenderness in the affected area. Hopefully, this is good news. I really hit the rehab hard yesterday too, so it is surprising to have no soreness. I went to the gym and did an hour on the spinning bike as 10 mins spin alternating with 5 min Achilles rehab on the Power Plate. To keep the momentum, I need to keep progressing with the rehab exercises. The thought of being able to run again is rather mouth watering! However, it will be a long road to get back up to speed. . . I like a challenge!

3 comments:

Turbo Man said...

There are a number of factors, the most significant of which is the UCI ruling that says the tip of the saddle has to be a minimum distance behind the centreline of the bottom bracket - I think it's 4cm. This rule doesn't apply in triathlon which is why people ride steeper seat tube angles on their bikes and have the tip of the saddle in front of the centreline of the BB. Add this to his relatively 'odd' dimensions and when he gets so low at the front his knees and elbows start competing for the same space; something has to give.

So what did this guy say about your position?

Sags said...

I was too hunched up. After so much tweaking this year i finally feel that I have a good position for me. There have been improvements in speed too so i am not changing things!!

Unknown said...

you is right the TDF is really interesting already, i am loving it! last season when i had a sore achilles i found swimming with fins and kick sets really helped?
not sure if that will help the hole in my right shin. with that in mind mate i am afraid i am going to have to scrub from the Inter Services this year. not happy as i was looking forward to coming back for a blast. Pete is going well and should be good for a sub 2hr. possible top 3 RAF???