Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 2 July 2009

Quick Post

Man I am busy! No time for all the things I want to do. So this is a quick post.

Off to Stoke to stay with Julie's parents Friday and Saturday. Should be linking up with Jase Walkley for a longish bike ride on Saturday, though not sure whether I should take the single speed for this ride?

Rode the Club TT last night. It was very hot, which I like! Normally the club TT is a 10 but once a year they do a 25 miler; this was last night. The course is a renowned slow drag - honest!! Not many people break the hour. True to history only 2 guys broke the hour - yippee, I was one of them with 59:17. After my 55:49 on the super fast E2 course I was well pleased to go under the hour. Paul Davies (53:41 on the E2) won with 57:36. That is a good ride on this course. I was on my old TT bike as I am still waiting for my disc to be converted to Shimano. I have made the decision that I will not ride the Specialized in anger until I have the full race set up sorted - wheels included.

Anyway, well pleased to log a serious bike speed improvement this year. It has been a week since I commenced my achilles rehab. I am pleased to say that the achilles is hurting more! This is the plan and I am told that it would be worrying if it did not get worse before getting better! Will the achilles be recovered enough for me to run on October? Time will tell.

Train well

TDF on SAT!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!

2 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

switching to shimano! welcome to the better equipment, much smoother than campag, only problem is it doesn't last as well as campag. what are you hoping to be running in time for in october?

Sags said...

Switching to SRAM mate. It's lovely! Hoping to run at Oulton Park Du. It's the last in the UK ranking series and I need a 3rd race to qualify.