Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 25 July 2009

Specialized Transition Pro Used in Anger!


After receiving my new TT bike at the beginning of June, I had yet to use it in anger. I have been tweaking it to get the right position and training on it but it needed to be tested for real during a full on 10 mile TT. I am having real problems converting my Campag disc to Shimano and it is still not sorted. After a grovelling plea amongst St Ives CC members to borow a Shimano campatible disc, non other than TT legend Ian Cammish was willing to lend me a Planet X disc. He is a thoroughly decent chap and very generous!

I had entered the Fenland Clarion Open 10 mile TT event today. The TT was on our club course, so it would be a good marker to see how the Specialized would ride.

As it turns out, it was fantastic! A course PB of 22:52 and a second overall place in the competition.

I am thinking of selling my Campag disc now; any interest out there?

3 comments:

Michael said...

Very tempted.

It's a tub and I do prefer clincher, could be the deciding factor. Why are you not keeping it?

Sags said...

New Specialized is SRAM so need a Shimano compatible freehub. There is a conversion kit but it is proving difficult to source.

Sags said...

New Specialized is SRAM so need a Shimano compatible freehub. There is a conversion kit but it is proving difficult to source.