Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 17 July 2009

Rename The Blog?

The lack of triathlon content in this blog is rather worrying! Recent posts have all been about time trials, as that is all I am doing. Maybe I should change the name of the blog? I was thinking of 53/11? Or ‘Time to Trial’? Or The trials of Time?

Anyway, to continue a theme, I raced at the evening club TT last Wednesday. Although it was blustery, the weird course that we used produced a number of PBs for many people – me included! I rode 22:54. My first time under 23 mins on this course and a time that I thought was beyond my capabilities! It wasn’t enough to win overall though! Pete Galpin, fresh from his 9:16 at Ironman Austria clocked 22:52 (another PB!). However, the most impressive PB of the night must go to Paul Fullalove (Raf Triathlete). He knocked a whopping 1:46 off his best to clock 24:05! He has either been blagging and not trying hard or those Mavic Cosmic Carbonne wheels I sold him have motors in them! A great ride.

My Specialized should be ready to rock next week. The disc conversion kit should be at Grafham Cycles and a new stem also. Can’t wait to ride it in anger. . . GRRRRRR!

Here is a pic of Hutch riding my bike!

2 comments:

jc said...

A new bike?

That's why I didn't name my blog anything to do with Tri as what happens when you're not doing it anymore?

Sags said...

Yes mate. I have a Specialized Transition Comp. A world apart from your Italian nostalgia! I just love TT bikes.