Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 9 August 2008

Weekend Waffling

Well it is Saturday afternoon and I am resting today! Watched the Olympic road race this morning (bike). It was quite good and Fabian Cancellara was awesome! He didn't win but the way he bridged the gap to the leaders and still had the energy to contest the sprint was amazing - he got 3rd. My girls, JJ and CJ, have taken up horse riding; it was their second week today. It is a real joy to watch their faces as they trotted along on their horses.



The thought crossed my mind that I had found a sport that was more expensive than triathlon! Surely they would prefer a Cervelo bike? Nope, not a chance! Horse type clothing is their request....helmet, boots, trousers.......... Oh well, if they enjoy it, so be it!


Here is a pic of 'moi' finishing the Trentham Half ironman:

You may have gathered that the pic is a photo of a photo! Can't get my printer to scan, though it is meant to..........operator error, I suspect! I have had a good year racing in 2008 and the look on my face really tells the story of how much I enjoyed this race.............and to finish without blowing up!

1 comment:

Turbo Man said...

Not to mention 4th overall and 1st in AG.

Horse riding??? What's going on there Mr S? I think you're right, will make what you spend on tri pale into insignificance! I'm pretty sure if Santa bought them a Cervelo instead they would be much happier children.