Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 8 August 2008

3 Weeks to the World Long Course Triathlon Champs

Nearly 2 weeks after the Trentham Half Ironman and I am slowly starting to feel better – not firing on all cylinders but getting there. I shouldn’t be surprised as it was a similar recovery process last year after the Vitruvian. I have managed some reduced volume training this week and if I get it right over the next 3 weeks I may see some ‘super compensation’ from the big effort at Trentham?!! Let’s hope so!

My plan is to rest totally this weekend……that is going to be hard! Then, complete a mini build period prior to leaving for Holland for the World Long Course. This week……

Monday: EZ Swim set. Aborted long run!
Tuesday: EZ Pool swim session.
Wednesday: EZ Pool drills. Turbo 1hr with technique and 20 mins at 290W.
Thursday: Steady 7 mile run. Felt much better than Monday!
Friday: Swim set followed by 1 hr turbo including 3 x 6 mins at 330W

………has been easy with a couple of increased efforts on the bike; I could tell I was not quite recovered properly when I did the efforts.

I made a decision regarding the aero helmet – Bell Meteor or Giro Advantage. I went for the Bell, as it was slightly cheaper. However, when I received it, I was just not happy with the fit. It is not as close fitting as the Giro and I felt like I was wearing a pudding basin on my noggin! So, I sent it back and am now awaiting delivery of my new Giro Advantage – in ‘RAF Blue’, of course!!

1 comment:

Turbo Man said...

I think you've made a wise decision ref trg this weekend. I'm disappointed as it means I will have to brave the elements on my own on Saturday morning but such is the lonely existence of a triathlete ("The Loneliness of the Long Distance Triathlete" anyone?).

3 weeks? It seems to have come round really quickly.