Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 August 2008

Off To Race the World Champs!


Well, it is time to race! Tomorrow I leave for the World Long Course Triathlon Champs to be held in Holland on 31 August. Not sure if I will have access to the net whilst I stop at Centre Parks in De Ernhof. So, for all you regular readers, thanks for the interest and I will post a full race report when I can.


As for the pre race thoughts. I have had some great training sessions on the bike and run this week and I could probably race a storming half ironman at the moment. The World Champs is longer though, and I am unsure how I will handle the extra distance. Hold back is the plan!


Take care bloggers and train well!

4 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

Sags, you've done the miles so enjoy it. See you monday,
Daz

Turbo Man said...

Sags buddy, have faith in your not inconsiderable abilities, take it steady and ramp it up towards the end. I am confident you will go really well, and when it's over you will be able to add GB athlete to your palmares.

Best wishes and good luck; I will be waiting for updates next weekend with bated breath.

Unknown said...

all the best mate, Daz and Turbo is right, you have done the work so enjoy; race tictacs? find some good feet in the swim and sit in, work the bike, but hold back a little for a killeer run split! just look were Froden came from in the run! and look how well Ohurogu (sp) paced a 400m race!!! race wisely young Sags and tame the longer distance it is well within you!

Iron Girl said...

Best of luck Sags. Have confidence in your training and race wisely. I know you'll do well.