Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 16 July 2023

Key Sessions for Second Part of 2024 Season

 After last week’s 5k baseline race, the 2 Duathlons I have in my radar are not that far away. I certainly feel strong and a short regroup at the end of May was wise, I feel. In theory it shouldn’t take long to get some decent race form back. The track session last Thursday showed some good signs that my legs need some faster pace work to condition them more - hopefully won’t take long and I must admit that I have high expectations. 

Along with the speed I want to bring the bike strength back and maintain some longer brick sessions too. So today I rode the TT bike outdoors (most training still on Zwift) for a planned 50k of tempo/SS work just going by feel; no defined timed efforts. It went well, even with some fatigue still in the legs from the week’s training. 



The run off the bike was interesting. I was going to complete a similar session as I did a couple of weeks ago: alternating 1k hard/easy. But my watch suggested a threshold session of 3 x 7 min at threshold with 2 min RI. What the heck, I tried it. The first 10 min was classed as a warm up. The pace suggested in the headphones was 5:20-5:57. I stayed relaxed and ended up with 4:26 pace. This is a good sign. The threshold efforts were consistent 3:56, 3:57, 3:55 pace. Interesting that the threshold pace was not that much faster than the easy RI pace. It certainly felt hard as the 3rd rep approached. I focused on relaxing and sucking up the fatigue. Overall, happy with that run and an average pace of 4:09, but pretty tired now. To finish off I completed a few strides - keep the fast stuff ticking over 🏃‍♂️



No comments: