Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 21 July 2023

Gadget Time - Shokz Openpro Headphones



 I’ve not had a kit review on this blog for years. Mind you, I have reviewed the new super shoes, bikes and bike computers. . . Ok. I have reviewed kit 😎

So I’ve grabbed some of these Shokz bone conduction headphones in the Amazon Prime sale. I’ve never used these before but I do use wireless Bluetooth headphones for running and turbo bike sessions. These Shokz headphones don’t cover the ears at all. They’re legal to use in run races and cycling outdoors. I’ve now tried both options and I can highly recommend. I’ve been a staunch hater of riding with headphones as I think they are dangerous. But you can actually wear these and be totally aware of the surroundings. It’s the same for running. I wore them at the track session yesterday and it was great to have some tunes in my head whilst cruising round the track. 

Talking of the track, yesterday was my second session of my return to gain some speed for the second part of the season. The session was 6 x 800m with 4 min recovery. I liked this session as the recoveries were longer, which is spot on to get maximum quality out of the session. I felt like my legs were coping better than last week - no spasms!  The pace was decent for me too, gradually getting faster as the session progresses. The last 3 reps clocking a pace per kilometre of 3:24, 3:23, 3:22. I know it’s only a couple of sessions but I want to have a bash at a 5k TT. I can’t find a race so it’ll have to be a parkrun effort. Hoping to do this on 29 Jul 23 if the conditions look decent. Until then, I need to bag some increased intensity on the bike. The weather looks pants this weekend; so I’m going to have to hit a Zwift session and run off this. I did this last couple of Sundays and it’s worked well. It was 7 min threshold efforts run off the bike last week. I may do a pyramid this week. Stand by for the report. . . . 

No comments: