Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 23 July 2023

Key Sessions - Bike Catch Up

 

Sundays have become the day to complete a longer endurance brick session. Last week I was out on the roads on the Canyon Speedmax. Middle of July and the weather was pants today. So it was turbo time. I feel like I’m playing catch up with the bike to gain some form for the 2 planned duathlons. My running is coming along nicely again but today’s session reminded me that there is some work to be done on the bike. I chose the Matt Hayman Paris Roubaux workout, which I’ve done before. It’s a tough one and I had to reduce the FTP bias. Note to self: do this session again with the bias set at 90% all the way through. I dug in and pushed the thoughts of cutting the session short away - weak🤨. 

The run part of these sessions has developed into a high tempo/low threshold longer efforts too. This should mix well with the track sessions above race pace and regular strides. 


I completed the 3 longer reps of 8 mins with 2 min RI. Last week was 7 mins reps and I felt pretty ropey after the session. Today felt much more controlled and the pace was virtually the same as last week. The feelings are good that I’m progressing nicely with conditioning the legs. 

I’m travelling with work this week; so it’s a decent time to have an easier week and maybe be fresher for a full on parkrun 5k run effort on Saturday. I’ll see what the conditions are like but I’m confident of getting closer to 18 min. It will be good to compare with my 18:39 clocking at the Port Vale 5k a couple of weeks ago. 

I do like my regular goals! 

A Wammy PB would be awesome at my age! Think I need to run under 18:20



No comments: