Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 18 June 2008

Dambuster Race Approaches

The RAF Triathlon Champs are scheduled to take place within the civilian event, The Dambuster, on Sat 21 June 2008........ at silly o'clock in the morning - somewhere around 0640 to be precise. The weather does not look good either. This will be the 4th Dambuster for me and I cannot remember having decent weather once 8-( I struggle in the cold weather; it must be due to the aging body! Anyway, the RAF has over 30 guys and gals participating, which is great for an open water race of Olympic distance - 1500m swim, 40k bike and 10k run.

Since racing at RAF Odiham sprint triathlon last week I have been feeling somewhat jaded. I managed a swim set of 30 x 100m on 1:58 on Monday, along with a 6 mile run containing a number of 30 second strides with decreasing recoveries. I got stuck into a decent turbo session of 2 x 20 mins at 290W yesterday. That smarted a bit but I feel better for doing it. The taper thing never really works well for me, though I will take a couple of easy days Thursday and Friday. If the weather holds up, I could go well; however, my tip is either Andy reardon aor Daz Sharpe. Dale will cruise to victory if he finishes but rumour has it that he is injured and will only do the swim and bike. That said, if he puts his trainers in transition, he is bound to hobble round and probably still win!! For the ladies, I think Vicky will do well, though 'young' Bev is always a safe bet too.......could be close!

No comments: