Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 June 2008

Open Water Fun!

I completed the open water swim training with Cambridge Tri Club yesterday. It was great fun and I actually felt quite good! My sighting was ok and I managed to get plenty of drafting practice. I thought I had trouble swimming in a straight line but some of the feet I tagged onto were going round in circles!

Earlier in the day I had completed a brick session; actually it turned out to be a mini triathlon as I swam 1k, biked 20 miles and ran 5 miles. The aim was to chug along at a 'brisk' pace without pushing myself too hard. I did the swim as a negative split with an easy first 500m and a build over the second 500m. 16:30 was ok considering the relaxed first 500m. I maintained a 20.5 mph average on the bike and 6:40 per mile for the run. Quite a good session, though I could still feel the turbo session that I did on Wednesday in my legs.

Some RAF guys in racing action this weekend:

World Champs Standard Distance Vancouver - Dale, Kelda and Bev.

World Champs Sprint Distance Vancouver - Dave Lassen.

Bala Half Ironman - Turbo Man Pullin and Reg 'DNF' Swallow.

Prayers for you guys - race well.

1 comment:

Turbo Man said...

Thanks for the name check for Bala mate. Full report now on my Blog.