Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. πŸ€• 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 2 April 2023

Nantwich 10K Race

So today was my 3rd race as I hone the form for some sprint Duathlon events. After the Congleton 10k finished in 39:24 and the Cheadle 5 miler the trajectory was looking good to get close to 38 mins today. I felt it was a stretch target but focused on keeping my pace below 3:50 per K. The first 3K had the majority of climbing and I managed to remain around 3:48 pace as I approached 5K. The question was had I fatigued the legs too much. 


An halfway time nearly bang in 19 min encouraged me, knowing that there was a good amount of downhill towards the finish. So I dug in and tried to accelerate gradually. I think that I hit the pacing right as I entered the last K I had the realisation that I should break into the 37+ minπŸ€“  

I crossed the line pretty much tank on fumes, which is the way it should be. A chip time of 37:31 has blown me away; I thought that time was beyond me. Happy days then✊🀩. 



Next steps then? Get the bike form tuned up and at least maintain my run form. As per my last post, I’d also like a crack at a sun-18 min Parkrun whilst I have some run fitness. Not too long until the Darley Moor draft legal Duathlon on 28 May. Mustn’t get carried away with the fitness and do more. That’s what has happened in the past. 

Must be wise! 

Until next time tumbleweed land . . . 


No comments: