Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. šŸ¤• 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 20 April 2023

First Duathlon of 2023

Sunday will be my first Duathlon of the season at the Dunham Massey MCA Fitness event. This is a low key race but a race nonetheless. I’m really looking forward to the sprint race and intend to use my evo2max aero road bike to hone the position and road feel for Darley Moor Duathlon in May. The weather looks wet, which makes it a bit sketchy. I’m a sun lover so really hope the weather picks up by Sunday. 

I’ve had a good few weeks of training, finishing with that Duathlon session last Saturday, conditioning on Monday and a track session on Wednesday. The track session was reduced effort for me as the group did 10 x 400 with 90 sec RI. I opened up a bit on a couple of reps then eased back. 


To hit a 1:18 is quite pleasing for me. I could do with more of this shorter speed work. But I do feel I’m neglecting my bike hard sessions. I felt ok on Saturday’s Zwift tiny races but I’ve not done much specific bike stuff. That said it’s been enjoyyto have a run focus. Let’s see how it goes on Sunday šŸƒ‍♂️šŸš“šŸƒ‍♂️



No comments: