Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 23 March 2023

On Track?


I made it to the track last night - phew. After feeling so crappy for days I doubted I would go. By crappy I mean the legs were just sore all the time. It’s like I wasn’t recovering properly. A day out in Bristol to see CJ didn’t help as we walked for miles and my shoes were not suited to walking at all. My calves were tight as a tight thing afterwards! Too old to walk around now 😖. 

The track session was 1 mile TT flat out. Then 10 x 200 focusing on form and relaxed speed - definitely not sprints! 

Once warmed up I didn’t feel too bad. I’d targeted the Mike effort as sub-5:40. I managed a 5:29. Happy with that but it’s way off what I used to be able to do. Age sucks. But now I’m wondering what this time equates to for a 5k effort. Could I run a sub-18 minute 5k?  My logic says it’s possible but maybe a stretch target. If I make some more small gains and the spring weather brings warmer conditions I may stand a chance on the right course and say. So the plan is hatched! Let’s go for it at the local Parkrun The Wammy. 

More to come on this!



No comments: