Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 29 April 2010

Back to the Real World

Visited RAF Brize Norton with work today. It's been a while since I have been to a 'real' unit. Quite enjoyed it and my new position is good for me. I managed to get back from work in time to do the club evening 10 mile TT last night. The conditions were better than a couple of weeks ago but a tasty wind got up after the turn. I managed to clock 23:24, which is not that far off my course PB of 22:52. The course has 7 roundabouts to contend with and these really slow you down. . . . . . More excuses eh?! You know I do like my excuses!

A quick note about my normal adversary - the dreaded H2O!! Great pool in Cambridge 5 mins from where I work. And they use 'fast water too 8-) yes I am swimming well. It almost pains me to say that because history tells me that it will not last! I can bang out 200m reps at 3 min pace without too much effort. Come race day I hope I can reproduce that form. As normal, though, swimming in a straight line may be my biggest problem.

Enough ramblings. TTFN

3 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

i've seen your open water straight lines Sags, lets just say it needs work!

Sags said...

Was that the swimming in the shipping lane in Holland?!

Unknown said...

sounds like its all coming together, thats good news,