Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 9 April 2010

The Quest for Speed

I got a bit fed up of long slow stuff so I have attempted to do some more speedy stuff this week. Not sure how the niggling injuries will hold up to the pounding!

First, I did a killer speed session on the turbo that consisted of lots of short above race pace efforts. Then I ran off the bike with just 2 x 1 mile efforts. Managed sub 6 min miles for these.

Today I did 30 miles bike aiming to maintain at least a 20 mph average. I managed 22mph avetage. Not that fast but with warm up and junctions etc it was not that easy. Off the bike the aim was 5 mile run averaging at least 7 min miling. Managed 6:35 miling but the legs were struggling. The good news is that when I feel ok breathing but the legs are sore it normally means some form is on the way. Just need to stay healthy!

6 comments:

Cavegirl said...

I'm going to pretend I didn't read this post!

Sags said...

C'mon! it's fine eh?!!

Sags said...

It's not that bad? Is it?!

in2triathlon said...

You said it mate - as long as you don't get injured. Mmmm :-)

What type of races are you trg for this year by the way?

Neill

Sags said...

Prob up to half I'm with Vit as a main target.

Cavegirl said...

Well, it isn't exactly phasing in speed work is it!