Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 6 November 2008

Why do we Like to Hurt Ourselves?!

It looks painful doesn't it? That's because it is. But why do we perversely enjoy it?! Is it the challenge of overcoming the race? who knows! I just know that I feel better if I hurt myself! That seems to cross over into training, where I am continually telling myself that I am weak. I completed my conditioning session yesterday and am slightly.....er.....ok.....very stiff today. This is wierd because I only increased the weights for squats slightly and kept the turbo efforts the same as previous weeks. Either way I can be satisfied that I hurt myself and I will adapt and be stronger!

What drives you bloggers to dip into the hurt zone....to pull funny faces in pain.....to dive into the hurt box?!! I'll let you into a secret. My motivation at the moment is improving enough to challenge:

a. Team Reardon. with all the high tech training approach young Andy has (not to mention the expense!), I would love to be at least close to him using my experimental, illogical over training methods!

b. Mat Stephenson as he makes a comeback attempt (though with all Mat's problems I would be more than happy to see him back to his best....where I would be no where near him!).

c. Beat......ok, realism....... get close to Daz 'fast man' Sharpe.

d. My aging process!

If I think that I am wimping out in a session, you guys are on my mind. Scary thought eh!

Bye!

2 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

Q.Why do I hurt myself?
A.Because I know if I am hurting myself, then it means the others are hurting to keep up or keep ahead. So really I hurt myself because I like hurting other people!

Sags said...

Cool Daz. You think like me!