Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 2 November 2008

The Lurgy!

Well, what was I saying about how things can change quickly when going well! I spent most of last week recovering from a flu type lurgy that my kids generously decided to share with me! I managed a run on Monday but knew that all was not well. I had to take Tuesday off work, which is very unlike me. needless to say, I had to rest the training also. So, with just a very easy session on Thursday, I returned today to ride with St Ives CC. I bagged another 70 miles and stuck to my plan of taking it easy. Lucky for me nobody else felt like putting in any big digs in and I was able to complete a relaxed ride.

Hopefully, I can get back to normal training this week. That said, I will have to concentrate on wrapping stuff up at work because I am posted back to Wyton in a few weeks. Not having to commute to Henlow will be nice but I will have to see how that land lies with training. I may have to rely on some early morning sessions to begin with. Swimming will be back at Huntingdon so no more personal pool time, like I had at Henlow! More news on the power levels during my bike sessions coming up.......

Train well bloggers

No comments: