Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 7 November 2008

Cadence is Slow!

Completed 2 x 20 mins effort on my turbo today; followed that with 4 x 1k run efforts at ‘tempo’ speed. I am at 260W for the 20 min efforts. During the summer I was doing these at 290W. So I have some progress to make over the winter to hit at least 300W by race time. The 260W did hurt but getting into a groove is the key.

In a previous post I mentioned that I have taken to pushing a bigger gear at a low cadence. Today was the same. I felt much better pushing out 85 rpm in a bigger gear. Not sure if this is good or bad. Maybe by the summer I will need a larger chain ring! Incidentally, did anyone else see the article in last week’s Cycling Weekly about the guy who uses a 72 tooth chain ring!! His bike must look like it is carrying a spare wheel on the side! Anyway, I am now in search of a 55 tooth chain set for my race bike ……………..lovely!

My run efforts were ok but my legs are still aching from the conditioning session last Wednesday. I was consistent with 3:42 per kilometre which is ok since I had just stumbled off the bike. I feel nice and ‘worked’ now and ready for a rest day tomorrow before hitting the St Ives CC clubrun on Sunday – another 70 miles coming up.

Next Wednesday is the Henlow 10 mile road race. I have competed in this for the last 2 years but somehow I got roped into organising this years’ event! Hence I will not be running this year but I will be dashing around with my head on fire making sure all runs smoothly! Hope to see some of you bloggers at Henlow on the 12 November.

Train well. Blog well.

2 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

My turbo has arrived!!!! Will have a go at the weekend and let you know what I think. I will see you at Henlow on Wednesday dude!

Sags said...

Good news my friend. I suspect that you will like the turbo!