Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 12 November 2008

Henlow 10


Today was the RAF Henlow 10 Mile Road Race. I have competed in this race for the last 2 years but this year I was organising the event. With 250 runners participating I knew that the task was not going to be easy. Oh how right I was! I now have a renewed appreciation for any race organiser! In fact, I would say it is easier to physically race in the event than organise it!


Thankfully, the event went well and everyone seemed to be happy with the race. The weather was sunny and cool, with a light wind. There were loads of RAF Triathletes running but I had little chance to catch up with anyone. I did mange to see Daz 'fast man' Sharpe finish in the top ten. I also saw Mike Masters come tearing round the final bend having a sprint finish with a female runner. It was neck and neck for about 70 metres and then Mike pulled ahead. Suddenly he remembered that he was a gentleman and he pulled up to let the lady finish in front of him - nice gesture Mike. Also in attendance were Jamie 'I'm not podgy' Elliot, Doug Malcolm, Simon Almond and Kelda Spratt. Si Almond was a great triathlon find a couple of years ago. He now seems to be in form and ready for a comeback. Also, Kelda raced well to grab second female overall. Sorry if I have missed anyone!


Must dash now. The pic shows Daz 'fast man' Sharpe (I call him that because I know that he hates it!) looking quite fresh after his sub-hour 10 miles! He obviously didn't try hard enough!


2 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

Sags, you can change that to Daz"fatman" Sharpe as I look like I have a fat belly in that picture.
Thanks for all your hard work putting on a great race.

Sags said...

Fat! That chair next to you looks fatter than you!