Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 22 July 2008

Swimming Technique

Today I tried to employ my brain during my swimming! As I am on an easy day, I started off the session with 10 x 50m on 1:30, concentrating on timing of the stroke. I did two 50m reps with varying arm stroke timings: front quadrant, ‘normal’ stroke and windmill stroke! For me, the most efficient was the normal stroke. This method is actually different to my natural stroke, which is almost a catch up stroke! Distance swimmers favour front quadrant swimming, but I think it is only effective if the swimmer can grasp a good chunk of water in the first place! Clearly, I cannot! Maybe the diagrams below will illustrate what I am talking about:

Front Quadrant


'Normal'

Windmill


'Normal' swimming for me then! However, changing even the slightest part of your swim technique is difficult and never instant! I just need to stop thinking that I am gliding through the water - actually I am stopping and starting on each stroke!

No comments: