Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 18 July 2008

Another Race!

Another race looms! I am still fatigued from Wednesday’s race! On Sunday 27 July I compete in the Trentham Gardens Gatorade Big Half (Half ironman distance). This distance sort of suits me because the swim is only 400m longer than an Olympic distance swim, yet the bike and run are twice as far. I do need to recover from last Wednesday though. I have just ran 13.2 miles and although I was ok once I got going, the last couple of miles felt tough. That said, last year it was taking me a week to recover from an Olympic distance race. Am I in better condition this year?!

I need a long steady bike session and the dreaded 6 x 6 mins at 330W bike session. Also, I need a short sharp run session……….all before Friday to give me a couple of days to ‘taper’!

Pete Daulby caught a good action shot from the Inter-Services swim. It clearly shows that I was not last out of the water and he was good enough to chop my bald patch off the pic!!

2 comments:

Turbo Man said...

"I'm still fatigued from Wednesday's race ..."

"I've just ran 13.2 miles ..."

I'm having problems working that out!

You're in fine shape buddy, don't overdo it in the last week.

Kelda said...

Yep, be careful, although that said I've just completed a fairly monster week, run 27 miles since Wednesday ... and clocked up around 20 hours training this week including racing Gullane. Next week is huge too with my own HIM on Tuesday, looking then to absorb the load so into recovery weeks, that's what you need after your Half and cut out those high wattage turbo sessions, they are NOT necessary!